A growing chorus of doctors and researchers warns that electromagnetic fields from many of the hallmarks of modern life have been linked to a wide variety of health risks ranging from sleeplessness to cancer. Wireless technology has forever changed how we communicate with our family and the world but is it coming at a cost and what can we do to reduce the harm to our self and our families ?
Up till 1984 wireless technology was only used in the military. Now in the US there are 4.7billion devices in use. Cell phones came to the market without any safety testing at all. When we evolved on the planet there was trace amounts if any of microwave radiation. Our bodies didn’t evolve with it and we have no protection against it. It’s an invisible but very real environmental pollutant.
WHAT IS EMF?
EMF or electromagnetic fields, are invisible forms of energy often referred to as radiation. They are associated with the use of electrical power and various technologies including wireless devices. As human beings we are electrical in nature and we are made of the same stuff as everything else: we are made of atoms. Atoms are made of electrons which are negatively charged and protons which are positively charged. We react to electromagnetic fields so it’s not surprising we react to these things.
IS IT COSTING US?
Most people are able to tolerate lower energy fields like AM/FM radio but increased exposure to the amount we are exposed to over time can be dangerous. As a society we are very fond of things that make life easier or more enjoyable. This can cause us to ignore potential health effects. The research in this space is new but compelling. In general its showing us that high artificial EMFs have been shown to disturb the human body’s natural energetic field, leading to stress and fatigue as well as DNA changes and degenerative diseases like cancer.
SO WHAT CAN WE DO?
- TAKE YOUR PHONE OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM AT NIGHT: Buy an old school alarm clock and remove the phone from your bedroom. This will lead to better sleep and give you a break from your device.
- WIND DOWN: Many of us expect to be able to look at our phones and screens, go to bed and drop off instantly – this is unrealistic for the majority of us! To reduce the amount of mental and emotional stimulation before bed have a no tech 60-90 rule. The blue-light that comes out of these devices can inhibit the sleep hormone melatonin from being produced which we need to drop into a deep restorative sleep.
- 1ST HOUR PHONE FREE: Don’t sabotage your day before it begins by looking through your phone first thing. Studies show us that doing this as soon as we wake can trigger stress and anxiety. Instead have a phone free hour for the first hour of each day. Studies show that just this small habit change helps us to be less reactive at work and with our loved ones too. Should we not be eating, showering and dressing for the first hour anyway?
- TURN OFF YOUR WI-FI AT NIGHT IN YOUR HOME: Turning off your wi-fi at night helps to give your mind and body a break from the 24/7 exposure.
- PROTECT YOURSELF: A website called safespaceprotection.com offers a wide range of products that can help to reduce EMF using adaptors and other devices that offers an all-in-one solution for clearing and protecting an entire home, school ,phones or office space from the harmful effects of EMF radiation.
- TALK TO YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL and make sure the wi-fi levels are safe. In France and Russia they have reduced new legislation to ban wi-fi from preschool, Montessori’s and primary school. The level our children are being exposed to is simply not safe and we must wake up to this sooner rather than later. Watch GENERATION ZAPPED to see why we are playing Russian roulette with our children’s lives.
- MINIMIZE YOUR TALK TIME, use earphones (not blue tooth or wireless headphones) or speaker function and try to eliminate any calls over 20 minutes. Scientists have no idea how long you can safely talk on a cell phone. And side effects such as headaches and dizziness have been observed after calls as short as two minutes. Another safety tip: Switch which side of the head you use your phone on from call to call so you spread out exposure.
- 8. USE ANTIOXIDANT SUPPLEMENTS to minimize radiation and other free radical stress. Chlorella, high quality algae, wheatgrass and green food supplements can be helpful in protecting against radiation and reducing brain, body and adrenal stress.
- “SMALL SUSTAINABLE CHANGES WILL EVENTUALLY ADD UP TO HUGE RESULTS”
- 10. TAKE A SEA SALT AND SODA BATH: The Sea Salt and Soda bath is one of the most effective baths for detoxifying the body from chemicals and countering the effects of radiation. Use one pound of baking soda and one pound of sea salt in the bath and soak for 20-25 mins. Drink plenty of filtered water afterwards to help revitalize.
- GROUNDING: The earth has natural electromagnetic waves so when we take off our socks and shoes and stand on the ground – sand, grass, soil or concrete which are conductive surfaces an energy exchange occurs. Think of yourself as a battery that takes in positive charged free radicals from our phones, wi-fi etc. your battery over time loses power so when we ground it helps to recharge us with much needed negatively charged electrons from the earth that neutralise the positively charged free radicals that cause inflammation and in turn disease. Standing barefoot on the ground for as little as 4 minutes a day helps to recharge.